New Beginnings Again
Hmmmm...So, I realize that I actually started a blog a year ago when my friend derek went to Japan and he posted updates of his travels so the pals back home could keep up.
Now Colleen has a blog too, so I'm going to try again.
I had a really good weekend. Fridays are some sort of kryptonite for Steve and me. He was mad that I didn’t leave work until after 6 (still only an 8 hour day for this late-arriving sleepy head), and I was mad that I had asked him about 15 times between Wednesday and Friday at 3:00 what he wanted to do on Friday night. As of 5:00 we had no plans, so when my boss asked me if I could go over something with him, I said sure. Well, I was in his office from 5-6, and by the time I got out, I had missed 4 calls from Steve. I called him back. He was mad. I said it was only 6:10, so we could meet somewhere instead of meeting at my house and then going from there. He was just being a scrub and hung up on me. Ugh. Really, he has NO interest in planning anything, and then I’m in a meeting for an hour and he freaks!!!
Friday we ended up having a pizza at my place and watching Polar Express on TV. Saturday he took me to Costco so I got Meegan a combo Christmas/birthday gift of an iPod. That was way over our normal spending limit, but I feel bad that I’m not going home for Christmas, so she has to deal w/ mom and dad all on her own. Yes, I’ve been reduced to trying to buy her affection. ;) Saturday evening, Becky Steve and I had a real nice dinner at Eggspectation to celebrate her being done with the LSAT. Steve even paid for all of us which was very nice!!! After that, the three of us headed over to Red Rocks (I’d been craving a Blackberry margarita). Shocker, Shocker... mere and becky are having fun and all dressed up, therefore, steve is sick so we had to leave early. Now, in his defense, he did throw up for a long time after we got home, so I know he wasn’t faking, but it seems like that always happens. It was probably for the best because Becky hadn’t had a drop of alcohol in over a month and was somewhat tipsy so better to go home before everyone starts doing dumb things. I made pina coladas at home and we played trivial pursuit. Went to bed.
Sunday Steve went home to make chili for his mom and dad who were coming to visit. Becky and I went out to breakfast and then she went home around 2. I had investment club at 3:30 and then went to a birthday party for Martine (she is 29 today) at her new house—which is huge!! Seriously, HUGE. It’s kind of crazy that it’s just she and her husband live in this 5 bedroom mansion. Anyway, it was absolutely great to see her. She is so busy with school, plus teaching classes as a consultant on the side, plus her regular job, plus the new house…well, I never see her anymore!
Now I am back to work. Today has been pretty normal for a Monday. Oh! Weight watchers…as you can tell, my weekends have been BAD! So, I am stalled out after only losing that initial 5-5.5 lbs. I haven’t gained, but I’ve been doing this for a month now, so I think I’m going to have to stop having insane weekends and get my butt to the gym to break though to the next 5 lbs. I am pretty darn good during the week, but my weekends are still problematic. This weekend I’m going to KC, and Meegan usually is pretty health-conscious, so this weekend shouldn’t be too bad. I had wanted to lose 10 lbs by the time I went to KC (that’s the goal I wrote in my journal), but I think I’ll be lucky if I can get to 7-7.5. (Meanwhile, steve has been even worse than me and lost 10 lbs! Jeez! Of course, that was on two different scales, so it’s not 100% accurate. I do think his belly looks flatter though.)
Hmmmm...So, I realize that I actually started a blog a year ago when my friend derek went to Japan and he posted updates of his travels so the pals back home could keep up.
Now Colleen has a blog too, so I'm going to try again.
I had a really good weekend. Fridays are some sort of kryptonite for Steve and me. He was mad that I didn’t leave work until after 6 (still only an 8 hour day for this late-arriving sleepy head), and I was mad that I had asked him about 15 times between Wednesday and Friday at 3:00 what he wanted to do on Friday night. As of 5:00 we had no plans, so when my boss asked me if I could go over something with him, I said sure. Well, I was in his office from 5-6, and by the time I got out, I had missed 4 calls from Steve. I called him back. He was mad. I said it was only 6:10, so we could meet somewhere instead of meeting at my house and then going from there. He was just being a scrub and hung up on me. Ugh. Really, he has NO interest in planning anything, and then I’m in a meeting for an hour and he freaks!!!
Friday we ended up having a pizza at my place and watching Polar Express on TV. Saturday he took me to Costco so I got Meegan a combo Christmas/birthday gift of an iPod. That was way over our normal spending limit, but I feel bad that I’m not going home for Christmas, so she has to deal w/ mom and dad all on her own. Yes, I’ve been reduced to trying to buy her affection. ;) Saturday evening, Becky Steve and I had a real nice dinner at Eggspectation to celebrate her being done with the LSAT. Steve even paid for all of us which was very nice!!! After that, the three of us headed over to Red Rocks (I’d been craving a Blackberry margarita). Shocker, Shocker... mere and becky are having fun and all dressed up, therefore, steve is sick so we had to leave early. Now, in his defense, he did throw up for a long time after we got home, so I know he wasn’t faking, but it seems like that always happens. It was probably for the best because Becky hadn’t had a drop of alcohol in over a month and was somewhat tipsy so better to go home before everyone starts doing dumb things. I made pina coladas at home and we played trivial pursuit. Went to bed.
Sunday Steve went home to make chili for his mom and dad who were coming to visit. Becky and I went out to breakfast and then she went home around 2. I had investment club at 3:30 and then went to a birthday party for Martine (she is 29 today) at her new house—which is huge!! Seriously, HUGE. It’s kind of crazy that it’s just she and her husband live in this 5 bedroom mansion. Anyway, it was absolutely great to see her. She is so busy with school, plus teaching classes as a consultant on the side, plus her regular job, plus the new house…well, I never see her anymore!
Now I am back to work. Today has been pretty normal for a Monday. Oh! Weight watchers…as you can tell, my weekends have been BAD! So, I am stalled out after only losing that initial 5-5.5 lbs. I haven’t gained, but I’ve been doing this for a month now, so I think I’m going to have to stop having insane weekends and get my butt to the gym to break though to the next 5 lbs. I am pretty darn good during the week, but my weekends are still problematic. This weekend I’m going to KC, and Meegan usually is pretty health-conscious, so this weekend shouldn’t be too bad. I had wanted to lose 10 lbs by the time I went to KC (that’s the goal I wrote in my journal), but I think I’ll be lucky if I can get to 7-7.5. (Meanwhile, steve has been even worse than me and lost 10 lbs! Jeez! Of course, that was on two different scales, so it’s not 100% accurate. I do think his belly looks flatter though.)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home