So Much Christmas Love
Since I just had my Midwestern Weekend adventure a couple weeks ago, I'm going to be staying here in DC for the holidays. This will be the first holiday I have spent away from my family. It's hard, but I think it's the best choice for this year. There is so much expectation and anticipation leading up to the Christmas Holiday. It becomes impossible for things to be as great as we want them to be. For the last several years, we've had major explosions that pretty much overshadowed any festive cheer. I have been accused of ruining Christmas by my mere presence more than once over the last several years. That's no good for anyone!
Well, being homeless for the holidays is a lot less stressful when you are surrounded by friends. My friends Brie and Becky didn't hesitate to invite me to their individual family holiday celebrations at their parents' homes. In my family tradition, our Christmas celebrations have usually been on the smaller side. A lot of the time, it's just been the immediate four members of my family. To be invited to someone else's family celebration is really touching to me. Steve's family always has considered me one of their own, so I'm invited there too, despite the current situation.
In the end, I think I'm going to a single-generation Christmas celebration at Martine's house. Her twin sister, Julie, is in town, and Martine's husband will have just returned from the USO tour in Iraq. I haven't been hanging out with Martine a whole lot in the last year because of her insane schedule, but the few times we do hang out, I'm reminded of what a fantastic friend she is. Even more lucky, Julie is preparing a Christmas Eve celebration which I am invited to as well. Julie's good friend from college is my good friend from high school, Jill. (That's a random story about how Martine and I knew each other for quite a while before we discovered that Julie and I were both going to be bridesmaids in the same wedding--Jill's!). Anyway, Jill and her husband John are also going to come to Christmas Eve at Martine's. Quite the party.
After all this merriment, I think I'll need some time off, so I'm taking all of next week off from work. I have no idea what I'm going to do, but I'm thinking I'll hit the gym, read, rest, and watch TV...My new DVR and On Demand viewing is awesome!
Happy Holidays!
Since I just had my Midwestern Weekend adventure a couple weeks ago, I'm going to be staying here in DC for the holidays. This will be the first holiday I have spent away from my family. It's hard, but I think it's the best choice for this year. There is so much expectation and anticipation leading up to the Christmas Holiday. It becomes impossible for things to be as great as we want them to be. For the last several years, we've had major explosions that pretty much overshadowed any festive cheer. I have been accused of ruining Christmas by my mere presence more than once over the last several years. That's no good for anyone!
Well, being homeless for the holidays is a lot less stressful when you are surrounded by friends. My friends Brie and Becky didn't hesitate to invite me to their individual family holiday celebrations at their parents' homes. In my family tradition, our Christmas celebrations have usually been on the smaller side. A lot of the time, it's just been the immediate four members of my family. To be invited to someone else's family celebration is really touching to me. Steve's family always has considered me one of their own, so I'm invited there too, despite the current situation.
In the end, I think I'm going to a single-generation Christmas celebration at Martine's house. Her twin sister, Julie, is in town, and Martine's husband will have just returned from the USO tour in Iraq. I haven't been hanging out with Martine a whole lot in the last year because of her insane schedule, but the few times we do hang out, I'm reminded of what a fantastic friend she is. Even more lucky, Julie is preparing a Christmas Eve celebration which I am invited to as well. Julie's good friend from college is my good friend from high school, Jill. (That's a random story about how Martine and I knew each other for quite a while before we discovered that Julie and I were both going to be bridesmaids in the same wedding--Jill's!). Anyway, Jill and her husband John are also going to come to Christmas Eve at Martine's. Quite the party.
After all this merriment, I think I'll need some time off, so I'm taking all of next week off from work. I have no idea what I'm going to do, but I'm thinking I'll hit the gym, read, rest, and watch TV...My new DVR and On Demand viewing is awesome!
Happy Holidays!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home